Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Caribbean Curry Chicken

In my search for a good curry chicken recipe I think that I am finally done. My friend named Oneika, who is from St. Crioux, gave me this recipe and it is all that and a side of...umm...plantains...anyhow... Such wonderful food!

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken cut up.            1 bay leaf
3Tbsp of curry.                         1 cup of diced onions
1Tbsp of thyme.                        1 med diced potato
1/2 tsp of allspice.                     1 tsp of sugar
1clove of garlic.                        1 cup of chicken stock


Mix curry, thyme, allspice and garlic in a bowl. Add cleaned and dried chicken. Rub the mix all over the chicken. Brown the chicken in some oil with the onion and then remove the chicken. Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock. Add sugar, bay leaf and potatoes to the stock. Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and set on low for one hour.

Enjoy with some rice and veggies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment